EGU session on modeling ice sheets and glaciers (CR5.1)

EGU session on modeling ice sheets and glaciers (CR5.1)

Gael Durand
Dear colleagues,

We are inviting abstracts for session CR5.1 on « modeling ice sheets and glaciers »  of the EGU 2019 meeting in Vienna (7-12 April 2019).

This session is intended to attract a broad range of ice-sheet and glacier modelling contributions, welcoming applied and theoretical contributions. Theoretical topics that are encouraged are higher-order mechanical models, data inversion and assimilation, representation of other earth sub-systems in ice-sheet models, and the incorporation of basal processes and novel constitutive relationships in these models. Applications of newer modelling themes to ice-sheets and glaciers past and present are particularly encouraged, in particular those considering ice streams, rapid change, grounding line motion and ice-sheet model intercomparisons.

We look forward to seeing you all in Vienna.
Kind regards,

Gaël Durand, Stephen Cornford & Sainan Sun