EGU2013: CR5.5: Mass and energy balance of snow and ice

EGU2013: CR5.5: Mass and energy balance of snow and ice

Berg, W.J. van de
Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to the EGU session CR5.5: Mass and energy balance of snow and ice.
In our warming climate, increased ablation will be the primary driver of changes in the whole cryosphere, except for Antarctica. Interactions between glaciated surfaces and the atmosphere are therefore key to understanding current and future changes. This session is dedicated to these interactions. We welcome studies on all processes that control mass and energy balance (e.g. albedo, radiation, turbulence, snowdrift and refreezing) as well as their linkage to larger-scale climate.

Support application deadline: 30 November 2012 (tomorrow...)
Abstract submission deadline: 9 January 2012

Best regards,

Willem Jan van de Berg & Thomas Mölg

Willem Jan van de Berg

Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research Utrecht

Utrecht University

PO Box 80000, NL-3508 TA Utrecht, the Netherlands

Tel. +31 (0)30 2533273 Fax +31 (0)30 2543163