to reduce the number of emails please find below some bulk information related to the EGU General Assembly 2018 that will take place 08–13 Apr 2018 in Vienna, Austria.
* SESSIONS: A summary of sessions related to cryospheric topics is appended to this email for a quick overview. You are kindly invited to find a session for your abstract at
Those sessions listed as IE... are part of the Interdisciplinary Events with one of the overarching topics:
* TRAVEL SUPPORT: Note that scientists who want to apply for travel support must submit their abstract by 1 December 2017. For details see (1) below.
* MENTORING: EGU has a mentoring programme in place to help conference novices to find there way. If you are interested as mentor or mentee you find further information at
* ELECTIONS: EGU invites you to take part in the "EGU Election Autumn 2017" until 30 November, where you have the opportunity to vote for the next EGU Union President, General Secretary and Division Presidents. Further information is available at
(1) How to submit your abstract
Each session shows the Abstract Submission link. Using this link you are asked to log in to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer with your Copernicus Office user ID. You may submit the text of your contribution as plain text, LaTeX, or MS Word content. An abstract processing charge (APC) of €40.00 gross will be levied.
Detailed information on how to submit an abstract can be found at: https://egu2018.eu/abstract_management/how_to_submit_an_abstract.html
The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 10 Jan 2018, 13:00 CET. If you would like to apply for a Roland Schlich travel support, please submit no later than 01 Dec 2017. Details can be found at: https://www.egu2018.eu/roland_schlich_travel_support.html
(2) Late abstracts
Abstracts sent to the conveners after 10 Jan 2018 for submission on your behalf have the strict deadline of 18 January 2018, 13:00 CET. These late submissions require final approval by the programme committee and will be invoiced with €80 gross.
(3) First-author oral preference rule
Regarding the oral preference, you are allowed as first author to submit either one regular abstract plus one abstract solicited by a convener, or two solicited abstracts. Each further abstract has to be submitted with a poster preference or submitted to PICO sessions. Since the system limits oral-preference submissions to one you will need to provide a transaction number (TAN) when submitting your additional solicited abstract. This TAN can be obtained from the convener of the respective session. If you submit to a session belonging to the EOS programme group, you are allowed as first author to submit one more abstract with an oral preference (three in total).
(4) Abstract-presentation obligation
The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors. If this is not possible, please withdraw your abstract at your earliest convenience. Without early withdrawal, abstracts not presented at the conference are identified as no-shows and their PDF file will be removed from the conference programme.
(5) Further information
Further information about the EGU General Assembly 2018 can be found at: https://egu2018.eu/
Session Programme CR – Cryospheric Sciences
CR1 – The state of the Cryosphere: Past, Present and Future
CR2 – Instrumental observation of the cryosphere
CR3 – Snow and ice: properties, processes, hazards
CR4 – Permafrost, rock glaciers, debris-covered glaciers and geomorphology
CR5 – Ice sheets, ice shelves and glaciers
CR6 – Sea Ice
CR7 – Natural hazards in the cryosphere
CR8 – Open and cross-disciplinary topics in cryospheric sciences
You're subscribed to the CRYOLIST mailing list
To send a message to the list, email [hidden email]
For posting guidelines, see http://cryolist.org/posting.html
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|