EGU2018: Deformation and flow of ice

Daniela Jansen
Dear all,

this is an advert for the “Deformation and flow of ice” [CR5.6/TS3.8] session to be held at the EGU General Assembly 2018, 8. - 18. April in Vienna.

The session focuses on the deformation and flow of ice and invites contributions from the field, laboratory and from modeling, aimed to advance our understanding of (i) the different modes of deformation, (ii) how ice flow properties are influenced by parameters such as (but not limited to) fabric, texture, solute and particle impurities and water availability, (iii) the formation of structures such as folds, fractures and shear zones, and (vi) how ice flow properties contribute to the large scale dynamics in polar ice sheets, mountain glaciers, sea ice and planetary ice.
Find the full session description and submit an abstract at: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/27863. The deadline for abstract submission is the 10. Jan 2018, 13:00 CET.

The session is hosted by the Cryosphere (CR) but is co-organized with the Tectonics (TS) devision, as we wish to encourage the interdisciplinary exchange between the glaciology-, geology- and rock deformation communities.
Looking forward to receiving your abstracts and hopefully see many of you next year in Vienna.

Best regards,
Sina,Thomas and Daniela

--
Dr. Daniela Jansen
Glaciology

Alfred Wegener Institut
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Am Alten Hafen 26
D-27568 Bremerhaven
(Building D-3350)
Telephone: +49(471)4831-1347