@EGU2018: Nature-based solutions to avalanches and other forms of mass transport

Katalin Gillemot
Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw you attention to our new session at EGU2018:

“Nature-based solutions to risk reduction of avalanches, landslides, sediment and other forms of mass transport”.

The deadline for abstract submission is 10 January 2018 (or 1st of December for financial support):
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/27864

With this new session we aim to bring together scientists working on a broad range of fields towards the common goal to find sustainable, economically viable and environmentally friendly solutions to the prevention and destruction-reduction of mass transport events.

Even though different forms of mass transport may have very different characteristics, there is also a lot of common ground when identifying preventive measures to them, thus we encourage contributions from all related areas including (but not restricted to) soil science, geomorphology, cryospheric sciences, ecology, agriculture and forestry, sediment transport, volcanology and environmental engineering. We welcome submissions from all aspects related to the topic, including theory and numerical modeling, experiments, case and site studies or novel methods development.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you in Vienna in April 2018 and discuss with you innovative research on nature based solutions to risk reduction to different forms of mass transport.

We apologize for any cross-posting and if you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us!

Best regards,
Katalin Gillemot ([hidden email])
Anna Seres ([hidden email])
David C. Finger ([hidden email])

-------

Katalin Gillemot, PhD
ENGAGE - Geomorphological Systems and Risk Research
Department of Geography and Regional Research
University of Vienna

NIG 5th Floor, Room A504
Universitätsstrasse 7
A-1010 Vienna