EGU2018 session: Subglacial Environments of Ice Sheets and Glaciers (CR5.3)

EGU2018 session: Subglacial Environments of Ice Sheets and Glaciers (CR5.3)

Harold Lovell
Dear Cryolisters,

Noting that the deadline for applying for travel support for early career scientists and established researchers from low and middle income countries is 1st December 2017, we invite abstracts to our EGU session CR5.3 Subglacial Environments of Ice Sheets and Glaciers.

We welcome scientific contributions that include, but are not limited to, measurements and/or modelling of: (i) flow of subglacial water at the bed and through subglacial sediments; (ii) linkages between subglacial hydrology and ice dynamics; (iii) theoretical-, field-, or laboratory-based parameterisation of subglacial processes in numerical ice-flow models; (v) formation, geometry and potential hydrological linkages between subglacial lakes; (v) subglacial and supraglacial lake drainage and subglacial floods from ice margins; and (vi) geomorphological evidence of subglacial water flows from contemporary ice-sheet margins and across formerly glaciated continental-scale regions.

Session Conveners
Harold Lovell, Rob Bingham, Christine Dow, Bryn Hubbard

--

Dr Harold Lovell | Senior Lecturer in GIS and Remote Sensing | Level 4 Year Leader |

| Email: [hidden email] |

University of Portsmouth | Department of Geography | Buckingham Building | Lion Terrace | Portsmouth | PO1 3HE | United Kingdom |
| Tel:

|Recent Publications:  A comparison of simultaneous temperature and humidity observations from the SW and NE slopes of Kilimanjaro: The role of slope aspect and differential land-cover in controlling mountain climate |Glacitectonic composite ridge systems and surge-type glaciers: an updated correlation based on Svalbard, Norway |Dynamics of former ice lobes of the southernmost Patagonian Ice Sheet based on a glacial landsystems approach |