ESA Climate Change Initiative - Sea Ice: How you can help us to develop benchmark sea ice essential climate variable products

ESA Climate Change Initiative - Sea Ice: How you can help us to develop benchmark sea ice essential climate variable products

Stefan Kern

Dear User of Sea Ice information,

In the Climate Change Initiative (CCI - http://www.esa-cci.org/) of the European Space Agency (ESA) sea ice parameters are among the ongoing prioritized activities. The Sea Ice CCI project team is lead by the Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center in Norway and includes 11 European expert partners.

In order to define and deliver Essential Climate Variables (ECVs) for sea ice parameters, the project performs this user requirement survey about your data and information needs. The prioritized sea ice variables are sea ice concentration (SIC) and ice thickness (SIT), both of which have been observed from space during several years.

Accordingly, we kindly ask you to spend the next few minutes on completing some questions about your requirements to the information content and quality of sea ice information used by you.

The survey is directly available at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XRFNCTC

Further information about the survey is found at http://esa-cci.nersc.no/?q=node/111

We highly appreciate that you provide us with your valuable information in order to improve the usefulness of sea ice essential climate variables we shall deliver.

We cannot exclude that you will receive this call more often than once. Please see this as a sign of how good your networking is.

Yours sincerely and Thanks,

Stefan Kern
on behalf of the Sea Ice CCI project team

HAVE AN ICE DAY

 Dr. Stefan Kern                     SEA ICE <> SNOW <> REMOTE SENSING

 University of Hamburg / KlimaCampus Hamburg
 Center for Integrated Climate System Analysis and Prediction - CliSAP
 Grindelberg 5 / D-20144 Hamburg / Germany

 phone: +49-40-42838-2415  fax: -7712  mobil: +49-174-9310955
 email: [hidden email]

 http://icdc.zmaw.de
 http://www.ifm.zmaw.de/en/research/remote-sensing/sea-ice/
 http://www.ifm.zmaw.de/en/mitarbeiter/dr-stefan-kern/