EUCOP 2018 "Open Session on Mountain Permafrost"

EUCOP 2018 "Open Session on Mountain Permafrost"

Sebastián Vivero

Dear Permafrost Enthusiasts,

We would like to draw your attention to the “Open Session on Mountain Permafrost” (Session 25) at the upcoming 5th European Conference on Permafrost 2018 (EUCOP5), in Chamonix (France), 23 June to 1 July 2018.

The deadline for abstract submission is 15th November 2017.

Session description:

This session is related to permafrost as an important variable of the mountain cryosphere. We are expecting all different sorts of research contributions related to interactions of permafrost with the climate and corresponding impacts on the natural and human systems in mountain permafrost environments.
This session is thought to complement the more specific sessions proposed at the conference. We are looking forward to receive a large number of contributions reflecting different fields ranging from theory to applied approaches at diverse geographic locations. We would like to stimulate especially contributions and discussions about near surface processes, permafrost mapping, theoretical concepts, measurement technologies, monitoring strategies, different model approaches on different scales and the related uncertainties.

Please submit your extended abstract at:

https://eucop2018.sciencesconf.org/user/submit

Best regards,

The conveners:

Martin Hoelzle, Department of Geosciences, University of Fribourg, Switzerland

Sebastián Vivero, Institute of Earth Surface Dynamics (IDYST), University of Lausanne, Switzerland