Early Announcement: Fall AGU Session G02 "Airborne Gravimetry: Advances and Applications"

Early Announcement: Fall AGU Session G02 "Airborne Gravimetry: Advances and Applications"

Theresa Diehl - NOAA Federal
Dear cryolist-ers,
If you are working with airborne gravity (or kinematic GPS that could be applicable to this application), please consider submitting an abstract to the geodesy session on that topic this year. We are hoping to attract people from all disciplines that use the technique... including those who work at the poles, since cryosphere is near to the hearts of the two conveners! Here are the details:

G02: Airborne Gravimetry: Advances and Applications

Sponsor: Geodesy (G)

Co-Sponsor(s): Cryosphere (C), Earth and Planetary Surface Processes (EP), Near Surface Geophysics (NS), Tectonophysics (T), Volcanology, Geochemistry, and Petrology (V)

Convener(s):
Theresa Diehl
NOAA- National Geodetic Survey
[hidden email]

Tom Jordan
British Antarctic Survey
[hidden email]

Description: Airborne gravimetry has experienced a renaissance as a technique for geophysical and geodetic studies. The airborne gravity community is developing better ways to use improved GPS accuracies and computation power to derive smaller error levels in airborne gravity. This session seeks talks on all aspects of modern airborne gravimetry addressing both the state of current research and our goals for the next decade. We encourage the following types of submissions: new methods in GPS and airborne gravity data collection and processing; comparisons of airborne gravity data with satellite and terrestrial gravity data; new gravity data error analysis; and applications of airborne gravity data for studies of Earth’s structure, composition, and shape.

Thanks for your consideration,
Theresa Diehl