Early Career support IGS Buffalo symposium - Extended deadline for abstract submission

Early Career support IGS Buffalo symposium - Extended deadline for abstract submission

Magnus Magnusson

Dear Cryolist members

We have some excellent news for US based early career scientists/students. We have received funding to support several US based early career scientists/students to attend and present their work at the symposium (flight + registration).

For that reason  we have extended the abstract submission even further to enable early career scientists/students to submit an abstract to the

‘International Symposium on ‘Timescales, processes and glacier dynamics'

to be held 3–8 June 2018, in Buffalo, NY, USA.

The new deadline is April 3. This coincides with the deadline when we will have to release the block room reservations we made.

We will have to release all hotel rooms on April 3. We have just learned that some of the hotels have not received any reservations. It will be very difficult to find a hotel room in downtown Buffalo in early summer, so taking advantage of the block reservation is very important.

Please note that the abstract submission system is separate from the IGS portal. You will have to register your details if you have not submitted an abstract with us before.

If you have not already done so please go to http://www.igsoc.org/symposia/preregistration/ and register your interest to attend as that will ensure you receive all future communications relating to the symposium. Formal registration should open within the few days

Please go to https://www.igsoc.org/abstracts/a78/ and submit your abstracts.

The second circular is posted on the IGS website https://www.igsoc.org/symposia/2018/buffalo/buffalo2ndcirc_web.pdf

Please use the symposium hashtag #IGSBuffalo18 when you tweet about it

All the best

Magnús

Magnús Már Magnússon

Secretary General