Earth Science Informatics RFP

Annie Burgess-2
Greetings Cryolisters -

The ESIP Lab is happy to announce our 2017 request for Incubator Projects.

Incubator projects lie in the realm of good ideas ready to be tried out. They should provide a proof-of-concept solution to a problem identified by the Earth sciences community. Incubator projects have a 6-month duration and total budget of $7000. Deadline for submission is October 12, 2017.

Potential incubation projects could include, but are not limited to, those that:
  • Create an open-source solution that reduces barriers along the data lifecycle.
  • Provide a proof-of-concept for an emerging technology slated for operational use.
  • Provide an opportunity for a student to investigate an interesting problem.
  • Investigate ideas related to the 2018 ESIP theme of Promoting techniques to articulate and measure the socioeconomic value and benefit of Earth science data, information and applications.
You can find the full text for this RFP on the Lab website: http://www.esipfed.org/esip-lab/current-opportunities.

Please contact me via email ([hidden email]) or on Slack (#esip-lab) with any questions.

Best,
Annie Burgess

.
nnie Burgess, PhD
Lab DirectoR |Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)
www http://esipfed.org | phone 585.738.7549