FW: Scientific cooperation with Greenland expedition

FW: Scientific cooperation with Greenland expedition

penelopewagner

Dear All,

Please refer to the request below:

Does anyone know a research group that would be interested in snow depth, snow water equivalent and snow/ice conductivity data from across the Greenland ice sheet? There will be an expedition that is offering collaboration, see email below. It would be nice to get back to Felix and his co-workers with some suggestions. Don't hesitate to contact him directly.

Cheers,
Julia

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Greenland expedition 2012: Scientific research collaboration‏
Datum: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:23:20 +0000
Von: Felix Hsu [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]

Dear Julia,

We are a young team of four international young explorers and we are planning an expedition to cross Greenland's icecap in autumn 2012. To carry out scientific research and to collect data through measurements during the crossing has been a huge part of our dream and a vital motive of this project. Does your specific work include the evaluation of such data that has been collected on expeditions, or do you know any researchers/institute that do have interest in such data?

We have some experience with collecting data on the Arctic sea ice during our North Pole expedition earlier this year under the supervision of Roswitha Stolz of the University of Munich.
Through that recent Arctic expedition we are very familiar with measuring snow depths, snow water equivalent and snow/ice conductivity in specific.

Basically we will be pulling sledges over the course of apprx. one month, all the way from Greenland's East to West coast, covering more than 700km over the icecap. This expedition has been a big dream of ours and we are hugely passionate about combining our exploration project with a collaboration project with you in regard to the collection of scientific data on the icecap.

We are absolutely passionate about this project and we profoundly hope to establish a scientific collaboration!

Thank you so much, we look forward to hearing from you!

Keenly yours,

The Greenland Team: Luana Rebholz-Chaves (CH), Christopher Barco (CH), Saskia Bauer (GER) and Felix He-Mao Hsu (CHINA)

--
Dr. Julia Schmale
Max Planck Institute for Chemistry