Faculty Position in Experimental Earth Science @ Columbia/Lamont

Meredith Nettles
Please see the ad below for a tenure-line faculty position at Columbia University. Applications from the cryo community are welcome. Please feel free to contact me or Jonny Kingslake with questions; if you do intend to apply, but need some days beyond the start-of-application-review date of Dec 18, please let us know.

Meredith Nettles - [hidden email]
Jonny Kingslake - [hidden email]

----
Faculty Position in Experimental Earth Science
in the Department of Earth & Environmental Sciences
and the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University

The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Columbia University seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position with expertise in experimental laboratory approaches to understanding Earth materials and processes. We are open to a broad set of research topics relating to the application of chemical thermodynamics and reaction kinetics over a wide range of conditions, from the Earth's surface to its interior.  The ideal candidate will conduct research that complements existing and strategic priorities of the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, and Columbia University, including but not exclusive to: carbon capture and storage and other climate solutions, magmatic and volcanic processes, hydrothermal systems, marine and environmental geochemistry, fluid-rock interaction, climate-life-solid-earth interactions, and natural resources.

The successful applicant is expected to develop a high-impact research program at LDEO, Palisades, NY, and demonstrate potential for strong teaching abilities at undergraduate and graduate levels. Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, statements of teaching and of research interests, and names of at least 3 references using our online site:https://academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=65446
Review of applications will commence on December 18, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.

Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, dedicated to the goal of teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
----

-Meredith Nettles
Associate Professor
Dept. of Earth and Environmental