Mountain glaciers are rapidly retreating with consequences for downstream hydrology, including changes in annual discharge, increased seasonality, disappearance of melt-water fed springs and alterations to ecology and water quality. The influence of glaciers on watershed hydrology is complex temporally (from daily to seasonal to inter-decadal timescales) and spatially (from the immediate proglacial environment to regional scales). We invite contributions that study these systems and the impacts of changes to them through, but not limited to, field observations, glacier and water resources monitoring, processes analysis, modeling, and/or remote sensing. This session is not restricted to any specific region of the world.

We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!