Fall AGU - Modeling of the Cryosphere: Glaciers and Ice Sheets

Fall AGU - Modeling of the Cryosphere: Glaciers and Ice Sheets

sprice

Dear Colleagues,

A reminder to please consider submitting an abstract to our session Modeling of the Cryosphere: Glaciers and Ice Sheets at this years fall AGU meeting in Washington D.C.

Our invited speakers are Jenny Suckale (Stanford Univ.) and Frank Pattyn (Univ. Libre de Buxelles).

The session description and a link for abstract submissions are included below.

We look forward to seeing you in Washington in December.

Sophie Nowicki (NASA GSFC)
Matthew Hoffman (Los Alamos Nat. Lab.)
Stephen Price (Los Alamos Nat. Lab.)
Christian Schoof (Univ. of British Columbia)

Session Description:

This session focuses on process-based modeling of glaciers and ice sheets that improves our understanding of ice dynamics or enhances the capabilities of current models. We invite contributions from a broad range of theoretical, numerical, or experimental studies that explore new or improved representations of physical processes relevant to ice flow. The range of topics that is encouraged includes, but is not limited to: basal processes (such as glacial hydrology, erosion, surging, the onset of ice streams), mechanical and thermodynamic processes (constitutive relationships, material behavior, ice fracturing), and ice-ocean interactions (for example calving, grounding line dynamics).