Fall AGU Session: C034, Remote Sensing of the Cryosphere: Sea Ice

Fall AGU Session: C034, Remote Sensing of the Cryosphere: Sea Ice

Walt Meier
Hello fellow sea ice remote sensing folks:

Please consider submitting an abstract our Fall AGU session:

C034: Remote Sensing of the Cryosphere: Sea Ice

Sea ice is at the interface between the atmosphere and the ocean and it plays a major role in the Earth's climate system. Sea ice changes in the Arctic and Antarctic occur at large and small spatial scales, and with a wide temporal window from seconds to years. Remote sensing methods can provide data at all these scales and the range of different techniques available (e.g., microwave, visible, and infrared; active and passive; polarimetric, interferometric and hyperspectral, etc.) has made remote sensing a fundamental tool for the study of sea ice and its geophysical properties. This session aims to share recent progress made in the development and application of spaceborne, airborne, and ground-based remote sensing techniques to study sea ice. It will bring together presentations on remote sensing analysis, and how remote sensing can advance model evaluations, process studies, and interdisciplinary investigation at the ocean, cryosphere, and atmosphere interface.

Conveners: Walt Meier (NSIDC/CIRES/Univ. of Colorado), Ludovic Brucker (NASA GSFC, GESTAR USRA), Randy Scharien (Univ. of Manitoba)

walt
Walt Meier, Senior Research Scientist
DAAC Scientist
National Snow and Ice Data Center
CIRES/University of Colorado, UCB 449
Boulder, CO 80309
Tel: +1-303-735-6276
[hidden email]

"If we knew what we were doing, it would not be
called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

smime.p7s (1K) Download Attachment