Field kit - plea for help!

Porter, Philip R

I have hit a fairly serious problem with fieldwork this summer in the Swiss Alps in that field kit we thought would be available to us is now unavailable - but we are due to go into the field on the 18th June so I am starting to panic!

I therefore wondered if any colleagues had any of the following items that they would be willing to loan between 18th June and mid-September – all items would be insured:

3 x pressure sensors for measuring river stage (we use Druck sensors wired to Campbell loggers) over a fairly limited range – max 1-2 metres (we need one for measuring lake stage which changes by 1-2m)

2 x Campbell loggers of any type

1 x turbidity sensor (we use Partech IR15c’s)

Many thanks in anticipation of any assistance that could be offered.

Best wishes, Phil Porter.

Dr P R Porter

Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography

School of Life Sciences