Free NASA educational materials for your Earth science or remote sensing classroom

Free NASA educational materials for your Earth science or remote sensing classroom

Jane Beitler
Do you teach remote sensing at the undergraduate or graduate level? Each year, NASA features articles highlighting intriguing uses of Earth science data, with a particular emphasis on remote sensing, in its Sensing Our Planet yearbook. These print copies include photographs, data images, scientific references, and summaries and access information about the data sets used. Articles span the many Earth science disciplines.

Both the 2010 and 2011 issues are now available. You may request up to 60 copies shipped free of charge to U.S. addresses for use in classrooms and teacher education programs. You can preview either issue on the NASA Earth Data Web site at http://earthdata.nasa.gov/featured-stories/sensing-our-planet.

To request copies, please write to [hidden email].

Jane Beitler
Editor, Sensing Our Planet
http://earthdata.nasa.gov/featured-stories/sensing-our-planet
National Snow and Ice Data Center