Fwd: Call for abstracts: 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost, 2-6 July 2017, Sapporo, Japan
---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Anna Liljedahl<[hidden email]> Date: Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:41 PM Subject: Call for abstracts: 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost, 2-6 July 2017, Sapporo, Japan To: Sergie Marchenko <[hidden email]>
Can you send to Cryolist? I'm not a member on that email list.
I sent to Molly, the USPA secretary, so she can send to USPA members.
Conference on Permafrost (ACOP2017).
This conference will convene 2-6 July 2017 in Sapporo, Japan.
abstract deadline: Tuesday, 31 January 2017.
This conference, hosted by International Permafrost Association (IPA), will cover all aspects of frozen ground, both permafrost and seasonal frost, and related natural and technological topics.
The proposed sessions include:
- Periglacial Geomorphology;
- Ground ice dynamics;
- Mountain permafrost and geohazards;
- Permafrost eco-hydrology;
- Permafrost mapping and techniques;
- Climate change and the carbon balance in permafrost;
- Frozen ground physics;
- Frozen ground engineering;
- Asian frozen ground;
- Extrazonal permafrost and seasonal frost;
- Living and working on frozen ground: cultural and historical
significance of permafrost; and
- Outreach, education, and history.
Plenary speakers will be Tazio Strozzi, GAMMA Remote Sensing AG; Anna K. Liljedahl, University of Alaska Fairbanks; and Arne Instanes, the University Centre in Svalbard.
The conference offers opportunities for pre- and post-conference field excursions, including:
- Daisetsu Mountains, Japan
- Artificially frozen ground sites, Tokyo and Fukushima-daiichi nuclear
- Kamchatka Peninsula;
- Northeast China; and
- Mt Fuji, Japan.