GSA 2018 session T160. Advances in Understanding the Laurentide Ice Sheet

GSA 2018 session T160. Advances in Understanding the Laurentide Ice Sheet

Licht, Kathy J.

We would like to draw your attention to the following session at GSA 2018 and encourage you to submit an abstract.

T160. Advances in Understanding the Laurentide Ice Sheet

This session brings together observational and modeling studies that improve all aspects of our understanding of the Laurentide Ice Sheet, including terrestrial to oceanographic records and reconstructions of glacial environmental change.

The Laurentide Ice Sheet dramatically reshaped the North American continent and its legacy impacts many facets of modern land use and water resources. The LGM and earlier history of this ice sheet is very complex and the scientific community continues to make important advances in unraveling this history. We aim to bring together researchers who apply diverse approaches to understanding past ice sheet configurations, its fluctuations and depositional history on a variety of temporal and spatial scales. Approaches may include sedimentology, stratigraphy, geochemistry, provenance, and numerical modeling. Because the deposits and impacts of the Laurentide Ice Sheet span the continental interior to the coast, we welcome contributions from terrestrial and marine records.

Submission deadline:  Tuesday, 14 August

Conveners:

Kathy Licht (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis)

Tim Fisher  (U. Toledo)

Henry Loope  (IN Geological & Water survey)

Information about submitting an abstract:  https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2018/science-careers/sessions/abstracts