GSA Field Trip 421: Grounding Line Processes of the Southern Cordilleran Ice Sheet

GSA Field Trip 421: Grounding Line Processes of the Southern Cordilleran Ice Sheet

Lauren Simkins
Hi All,

In the rush to submit abstracts for both GSA and AGU, I want to remind the community about a GSA field trip (#421) to explore the stratigraphic record of grounding line processes of the southern Cordilleran Ice Sheet.

The 1-day trip will facilitate discussion about ice-bed interactions and grounding line behavior at a larger scale and higher resolution than capable with geophysical surveys and sediment cores from contemporary and ancient grounding lines.

The field trip registration deadline is Sept. 18, although those who register later may be able to attend depending on available space. Hope to see you all there!

Best,
Lauren Simkins, John Anderson, and Brian Demet

Lauren M. Simkins, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate

Rice University
Department of Earth Science