Geomorphometry @EGU2018!

Giulia Sofia

Dear Colleagues,

with apologies for cross-posting...

….we are pleased to announce, after the successful roll-outs of the past EGU sessions, an entire PICO (Presenting Interactive COntents) session for EGU2018:

Frontiers in Geomorphometry and Earth Surface Dynamics: Possibilities, Limitations and Perspectives

GM2.1/GI3.12/NH11.3/SSS13.20 co-organized session at the EGU General Assembly 2018

The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 10 Jan 2018, 13:00 CET.

If you would like to apply for support, please submit no later than 01 Dec 2017.

This session is interdisciplinary with a focus on new techniques in digital terrain production and analysis independent of the subject, and field. The session’s aim is to foster collaboration and sharing of ideas across subject-boundaries, between technique developers and users, enabling us as a community to fully exploit the wealth of knowledge inherent in our digital landscape. We encourage contributions of both ''in development'' works as well as established techniques being used in a novel way.

Perhaps unusually, we seek presentations that highlight as well current limitations within your field and perspectives on where progress is needed. Just remember, lurking in another speciality, the solution may be out there!

As in the past, we solicit speakers to present 'perspective' picos on subjects that we believe are very
interesting. The idea of a perspective is to stimulate debate among the attendants at the conference, but also to present a general subject that can cross boundaries of sciences. IF you have any idea and you think you can provide such perspective, do not hesitate to contact [hidden email]

Abstract submission and full description of the session can be found at: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/27419

All the best

Giulia Sofia,John K. Hillier, Susan Conway

--
Giulia Sofia, PhD
Dept. Land, Environment,Agriculture and Forestry

flyer2018.pdf (94K) Download Attachment