Glacier mass balance data 2009

World Glacier Monitoring Service
Dear CRYOLIST-subscribers,

The mass balance data 2008/09 from more than 100 glaciers worldwide,
including the preliminary statistics and figures of the ‘reference’
glaciers with long-term and continuous observation series, are now
available on the website of the World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS):

http://www.wgms.ch

Our work relies on the cooperation and help of many scientists and
observers throughout the world. We highly appreciate their long lasting
contribution in collaboration with our National Correspondents, who are
coordinating the data collection in their country for submission to the
WGMS.

Based on the received data, we are now producing the Glacier Mass Balance
Bulletin No. 11 (2008–2009) which will become available by end of the
year.

Sincerely yours,

Michael Zemp, Isabelle Gärtner-Roer, and Samuel Nussbaumer

+ + + +

World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS)
Department of Geography
University of Zurich