#GreatAntarcticClimateHack - 9-12 Oct 2017, Scripps Institute of Oceanography, Deadline - 30 May 2017

#GreatAntarcticClimateHack - 9-12 Oct 2017, Scripps Institute of Oceanography, Deadline - 30 May 2017

Nancy Bertler

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to our upcoming #GreatAntarcticClimateHack:

The #GreatAntarcticClimateHack will be held October 9-12 2017, at the Scripps Institute of Oceanography Forum, La Jolla, CA. Our first-ever Climate Hack will focus on bringing Antarctic and Southern Ocean observations to bear on evaluating the latest generation of climate and earth system models (with an emphasis on CMIP), producing new climate model metrics for the 21st century.

 #GreatAntarcticClimateHack is a workshop to train non-modeling experts to interrogate CMIP model results and evaluate against observational datasets, thereby creating new model metrics and validation tools. The aim of the workshop is to facilitate preparation for the next IPCC report for a much broader science community, increase non-traditional climate modeling publications, and learn to apply/utilize data sets that help develop model validation skills.

This first workshop will accommodate 50 participants on site, and 50 participants to join remotely online. To learn more or apply to attend, please visit http://www.scar.org/antclim21/antclim21-news.

Submission Deadline is 30 May 2017.

Cheers,
Nancy Bertler