Greenland BedMachine V3 map available at AGU

Greenland BedMachine V3 map available at AGU

JL Bamber-2

Dear Colleague,

Back in September this year Mathieu Morlighem circulated an email to cryolist announcing the release of a new bed elevation data set for Greenland called BedMachine v3 (sent 26/9/17). The digital data set is available at NSIDC (https://nsidc.org/data/IDBMG4) but, in addition, we have produced a beautiful hardcopy map (roughly A0 size) similar to the map produced for the Antarctic BEDMAP2. In fact, the British Antarctic Survey helped in the production and it forms part of their map series.

We will have copies available, if you would like one, from the NASA exhibition stand (booth 1645) from Monday 11th am. I will also have some copies with me in case you don't make it to the stand. We will also be taking copies to EGU next spring. If you aren't planning to attend either of these meetings but would like a copy please send an email with your postal address to [hidden email] and we will endeavour to send one to you (depending on demand).

Yours, Jonathan, Mathieu and the BedMachine team.

Prof. J.L. Bamber                       tel: 44-(0)117-428-2490
Bristol Glaciology Centre,              fax: 44-(0)117-928-7878
School of Geographical Sciences,        email: [hidden email]
University of Bristol,
University Road,
Bristol, BS8 1SS, UK.

Royal Society Wolfson Research Merit Scholar
President, European Geosciences Union (www.egu.eu)