HBV.IANIGLA hydrological model release CRAN

HBV.IANIGLA hydrological model release CRAN

Ezequiel Toum

Dear cyolisters,

I have released the hydrological model HBV.IANIGLA (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/HBV.IANIGLA/index.html) in CRAN (the R’s official repository - -https://cran.r-project.org/). This version was developed by myself in IANIGLA-CONICET (Instituto Argentino de Nivología, Glaciología y Ciencias Ambientales - Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas) as part of my PhD.

As original aspects:

(a) the modules are decoupled, so the user can build his/her own model from the scratch. Please note that this aspect could be very useful for teaching hydrological modeling and also for research.

(b) I have incorporated a new module for clean and debris covered ice melt estimations.

(c) as the source code is written in C++ the modules are very fast, so it can be used in streamflow forecasting. Also it has the advantage of running inside R, i.e.: the user can use all the available R packages and functions to make sensitivity and/or uncertainty analysis, statistical summaries of the results, plots, among others.

Best,

Eze Toum

--
Ezequiel Toum
Ingeniero Civil

Instituto Argentino de Nivología,
Glaciología y Ciencias Ambientales (IANIGLA)
CCT-CONICET-Mendoza
C.C. 330, (5500) Mendoza, Argentina
Tel:  54(261)5244266
Fax: 54(261)5244201