Help us to shape Quantarctica version 4

Kenichi Matsuoka-2

Please help us to shape Quantarctica version 4!

Quantarctica (https://www.npolar.no/quantarctica) is a collection of Antarctic geographical datasets for research, education, operations and environment management that works on free GIS software QGIS (https://qgis.org). A major update to the current version 3 was made in February, 2018, and we plan to make a minor update to version 3.2 by the end of this year.

To respond to the strong desire of the community and to take the full benefits of rapidly growing knowledge base in Antarctica and Southern Ocean, Norwegian Polar Institute is currently developing a plan to make a major update to Quantarctica version 4. As it was successfully done for version 3 development, we would like to start this process with a community survey.

Please provide your opinions in the form linked below. We would like to hear about datasets, data categories, and functions you want to see in QA4. We need your feedback by the end of November. The survey takes 5-10 minutes.

https://forms.gle/h5AFpSYUL8CzDiDNA

If you have any questions, please contact us at [hidden email]

Thanks for your help!

Kenny Matsuoka and Anders Skoglund

Co-founders of Quantarctica

Norwegian Polar Institute