How to measure crevasses?

kevin.lemorzadec
Dear all,

I would like, for a project, to measure the depth and width of crevasses in a
quick way. I was thinking to use a laser range finder but it seems that it
doesn't work really well to get the depth of crevasses.
Would one of you have some ideas of what I could use to measure crevasses?

Thank you,

Kevin Le Morzadec -   Ph.D. candidate
                      Dept of Physics and Physical Oceanography,
                      Memorial University of Newfoundland.
                      Tel (709)-737-8654