IARPC GSLCT online meeting next Monday (08/19) on sediment from glaciers

IARPC GSLCT online meeting next Monday (08/19) on sediment from glaciers

MacGregor, Joseph (GSFC-6150)
Hi cryolist,

You are invited to a meeting of the IARPC Glaciers & Sea Level Collaboration Teams that will take place next Monday, August 19, from 3:00 - 4:00 pm EDT (UTC -4): https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/events/12711

This meeting is titled “Sand shoals: Sediment from glaciers. It will feature the following presentations that are intended to spark a collaborative discussion.
• Sediment transport drives tidewater glacier periodicity – Douglas Brinkerhoff (University of Montana)
• The melting Greenland Ice Sheet and its sediment flux – Irina Overeem (University of Colorado Boulder)

Zoom Connection Information
• Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://iarpc.zoom.us/j/9407335675
• Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +14086380968,9407335675# or +16465588656,9407335675#
• Or Telephone: Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll). Meeting ID: 940 733 5675. International numbers available: https://iarpc.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=I2ry4RjKWLYRxcrtbpYmqVjMn9z33IWl
 *How to participate*

If you don't already have one, it’s easy to request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our community. Once you have an account, join one or more of our collaboration teams and you will be notified automatically of upcoming meetings.

Account request: http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/request-account.html
Glaciers & Sea Level: http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/3

*Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?*

IARPC collaboration teams improve the flow of information between the Arctic research community and U.S. federal agencies. Think of them as ongoing, short science workshops. For example, scientists present their research to peers and program managers can both learn about new efforts within their fields and each other’s programs, and also identify further synergies between programs and programmatic gaps. While we focus primarily on U.S. efforts in the Arctic, we also seek to learn about and share knowledge and best practices from related regions and fields, and scientists and stakeholders from across the globe are welcome and encouraged to participate.

We look forward to your participation!

Joe MacGregor (NASA) and Caitlyn Florentine (USGS)
IARPC GSLCT Leads