IARPC GSLCT online meeting next Thursday (October 8) on US glacier schools

IARPC GSLCT online meeting next Thursday (October 8) on US glacier schools

MacGregor, Joseph (GSFC-6150)

Hi cryolist,

You are invited to a meeting of the IARPC Glaciers & Sea Level Collaboration Team that will take place next Thursday, October 8, between 11:00am–12:00 pm EDT (UTC –4).

https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/events/15949

This meeting is titled “Schools on Ice”. It will feature the following presentations that are intended to spark collaborative discussions.

  • Research, Education, and Collaboration on the Juneau Icefield Research Program – Seth Campbell (Univ. Maine)
  • UAF’s International Summer School in Glaciology - Experiences and challenges – Regine Hock (Univ. Oslo / Univ. Alaska Fairbanks)

Zoom Connection Information

  • Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://iarpc.zoom.us/j/9407335675
  •  Unless you plan to dial-in via telephone only (without a computer) please click the Zoom link first and follow the instructions for connecting to audio via computer or telephone (if you connect to audio via telephone, please be sure to use your participant ID code).
  •  If you plan to call in via telephone only (no computer): +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll). Meeting ID: 940 733 5675. International numbers available: https://iarpc.zoom.us/zoomconference?m=I2ry4RjKWLYRxcrtbpYmqVjMn9z33IWl

If you don't already have one, it’s easy to request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our community. Once you have an account, join one or more of our collaboration teams and you will be notified automatically of upcoming meetings.

Account request: http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/request-account.html

Glaciers & Sea Level Collaboration Team: http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/3

Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?

IARPC collaboration teams improve information flow between the Arctic research community and U.S. federal agencies. Think of them as ongoing, short science workshops. For example, scientists present their research to peers and program managers can both learn about new efforts within their fields and each other’s programs, and also identify further synergies between programs and programmatic gaps. While we focus primarily on U.S. efforts in the Arctic, we also seek to learn about and share knowledge and best practices from related regions and fields, and scientists and stakeholders from across the globe are welcome and encouraged to participate.

We look forward to your participation!

Joe MacGregor (NASA) and Caitlyn Florentine (USGS)

IARPC GSLCT Leads