Quantcast

IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level Collaboration Team: Jason Amundson, LeConte Glacier

IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level Collaboration Team: Jason Amundson, LeConte Glacier

O'Neel, Shad

Dear Colleague:

The Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC) is initiating implementation of Arctic Research Plan 2017-2021. I and my colleague Bill Wiseman will be leading the Glaciers & Sea-level Collaboration Team (GSLCT), and we invite all interested researchers and stakeholders to participate in our first meeting on 9 February at 9 AM Alaska Time (1 pm EST).

At this meeting, Jason Amundson will deliver a talk entitled: “Investigating the impact of subglacial discharge on plume dynamics and submarine melting: An update from LeConte Glacier, AK" Jason will update the community on the ice-ocean interaction project at the most southerly tidewater glacier in North America. The LeConte project is in year 2 of 3, and Jason plans to share how the team is integrating time lapse and mooring observations to better understand fjord circulation, among other topics.

How do I participate?

If you don’t already have one, request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community. Once you have an account,  join our collaboration team and you will automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next meeting here.

Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?

IARPC collaboration teams are designed to assist the bi-directional flow of information  between the research community and Federal agencies. Think of it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis. For example, researchers present their research to peers and program managers and learn about new research efforts within their field.  Program managers learn about one another’s programs, and identify synergies between programs and programmatic gaps.

Best,

Shad

Shad O'Neel
USGS Glaciologist