IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level Collaboration Team:

IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level Collaboration Team:

O'Neel, Shad

Dear Colleague:

The Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC) is initiating implementation of Arctic Research Plan 2017-2021. My colleagues Bill Wiseman, Renu Joseph, Scott Harper and I will be leading the joint Modeling and Glaciers & Sea-level Collaboration Team (GSLCT), and we invite all interested researchers and stakeholders to participate in our second meeting on 9 March 2017 at 9 AM Alaska Time (1 pm EST).

At this meeting, Sophie Nowicki, Helene Seroussi, Jeremy Fyke and Andy Ashwaden have put together a talk entitled: “Ice Sheet Model Intercomparison Project (ISMIP6) contribution to CMIP6: a programmatic and participant point of view."  ISMIP6 is the primary activity within the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project phase 6 (CMIP6) focusing on the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Sheets and their contribution to sea level. We present the goals and framework of this new effort (S. Nowicki, NASA GSFC), along with three participants point of view: the Ice Sheet System Model (H. Seroussi, NASA JPL), the Parallel Ice Sheet Model (A. Aschwanden, UAF) and Community Earth System Model version 2 (J. Fyke, LANL).

How do I participate?

If you don’t already have one, request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community. Once you have an account,  join our collaboration team and you will automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next meeting here.

Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?

IARPC collaboration teams are designed to assist the bi-directional flow of information  between the research community and Federal agencies. Think of it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis. For example, researchers present their research to peers and program managers and learn about new research efforts within their field.  Program managers learn about one another’s programs, and identify synergies between programs and programmatic gaps.

Best,

Shad

Shad O'Neel
USGS Glaciologist