IARPC Modeling+GSLCT online meeting (06/25) on weather and surface radiation balance of the Greenland Ice Sheet

IARPC Modeling+GSLCT online meeting (06/25) on weather and surface radiation balance of the Greenland Ice Sheet

MacGregor, Joseph (GSFC-6150)

Hi cryolist,

You are invited to a joint meeting of the IARPC Atmosphere and Glaciers & Sea Level Collaboration Teams that will take place June 25th from 3:00 - 4:30 pm ET (11 am AKT).

The meeting will address weather and surface radiation balance on the Greenland Ice Sheet. It will feature the following presentations that are intended to spark a collaborative discussion.

  • Greenland climate network 1990 - 2019: Analysis and interpretation – Konrad Steffen (Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL)
  • Bringing HARMONIE to the Greenland ice sheet: Developing a next generation polar weather and climate model – Ruth Mottram (Danish Meteorological Institute)

The meeting will begin with updates from the community. We invite all meeting attendees to share announcements, recent findings (published or unpublished), ideas for collaboration, requests for future meetings, or anything that you wish to share or ask, etc.

Zoom Connection Information

*How to participate*

If you don't already have one, it’s easy to request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our community. Once you have an account, join one or more of our collaboration teams and you will be notified automatically of upcoming meetings.

Account request: http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/request-account.html

Modeling Team: https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/14

Glaciers & Sea Level: http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/3

*Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?*

IARPC collaboration teams improve the flow of information between the Arctic research community and U.S. federal agencies. Think of them as ongoing, short science workshops. For example, scientists present their research to peers and program managers can both learn about new efforts within their fields and each other’s programs, and also identify further synergies between programs and programmatic gaps. While we focus primarily on U.S. efforts in the Arctic, we also seek to learn about and share knowledge and best practices from related regions and fields, and scientists and stakeholders from across the globe are welcome and encouraged to participate.

We look forward to your participation!

Joe MacGregor (NASA) and Caitlyn Florentine (USGS)

IARPC GSLCT Leads