IARPC Modeling/GSLCT online meeting on ISMIP6, Thursday March 28, 3-4 EDT

IARPC Modeling/GSLCT online meeting on ISMIP6, Thursday March 28, 3-4 EDT

MacGregor, Joseph (GSFC-6150)

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to attend two talks and discussion on the Ice Sheet Model and Intercomparison for CMIP6 (ISMIP6) in two weeks. This online event is co-hosted by the U.S. Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee’s (IARPC) Modeling and Glaciers & Sea Level Collaboration teams.

https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/events/12780

http://www.climate-cryosphere.org/activities/targeted/ismip6

Thursday, March 28

3:00-4:00pm EDT (GMT-4)

Agenda:

  • Brief intro to Zoom (1 min)
  • Roll call (5 min)
  • IARPC member updates (5 min)
  • Meeting introduction (3 min) (Richard Cullather, NASA)
  • ISMIP6 experiment and timeline (15 min) (Sophie Nowicki, NASA)
  • Procedure for selecting boundary conditions for offline experiments and their applications (15 min) (Alice Barthel, LANL)
  • Open discussion (15 min)

*How to participate*

If you don't already have one, it’s easy to request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our community. Once you have an account, join one or more of our collaboration teams and you will be notified automatically of upcoming meetings.

Account request: http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/request-account.html

Modeling Team: https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/14

Glaciers & Sea Level: http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/3

*Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?*

IARPC collaboration teams improve the flow of information between the Arctic research community and U.S. federal agencies. Think of them as ongoing, short science workshops. For example, scientists present their research to peers and program managers can both learn about new efforts within their fields and each other’s programs, and also identify further synergies between programs and programmatic gaps. While we focus primarily on U.S. efforts in the Arctic, we also seek to learn about and share knowledge and best practices from related regions and fields, and scientists and stakeholders from across the globe are welcome and encouraged to participate.

We look forward to your participation!

Joe MacGregor (NASA), Shad O’Neel (USGS) and Caitlyn Florentine (USGS)

IARPC GSLCT Leads