IARPC glaciers and sea level May meeting

IARPC glaciers and sea level May meeting

O'Neel, Shad

Dear Colleague:

I would like to invite you to an exciting set of short talks this week, hosted by the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC)  Glaciers & Sea-level Collaboration Team. At this meeting, Mayumi Arimitsu (USGS) and Kristin Laidre (University of Washington will discuss biophysical connections between glaciers and fjords and marine life (Phytoplankton to Narwhals!). Each researcher will briefly highlight linkages they study, both in Alaska and Greenland fjords.  I’ve previewed their slides and these should be fun and insightful talks!

We invite all interested researchers and stakeholders to participate in our third meeting on 11 May 2017 at 9 AM Alaska Time (1 pm EST)

How do I participate?

If you don’t already have one, request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community. Once you have an account,  join our collaboration team and you will automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next meeting here.

Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?

IARPC collaboration teams are designed to assist the bi-directional flow of information  between the research community and Federal agencies. Think of it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis. For example, researchers present their research to peers and program managers and learn about new research efforts within their field.  Program managers learn about one another’s programs, and identify synergies between programs and programmatic gaps.

Best,

Shad