IARPC glaciers and sea level collaboration June team meeting

IARPC glaciers and sea level collaboration June team meeting

O'Neel, Shad

Dear Colleague:

I would like to invite you to an exciting set of short talks TOMORROW 15 June, hosted by the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC)  Glaciers & Sea-level Collaboration Team. At this meeting, Joe McGregor and Tom Neumann (NASA) will update the community on NASA's IceBridge and ICESat-2 missions. Additioanlly Ian Howat (OSU) will give a brief update on the MEaSUREs ice velocity mapping effort over the Greenland Ice Sheet.

We invite all interested researchers and stakeholders to participate in our fourth meeting on 15 June 2017 at 11:30 AM Alaska Time (3:30 pm EST)

How do I participate?

If you don’t already have one, request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community. Once you have an account,  join our collaboration team and you will automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next meeting here.

Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?

IARPC collaboration teams are designed to assist the bi-directional flow of information  between the research community and Federal agencies. Think of it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis. For example, researchers present their research to peers and program managers and learn about new research efforts within their field.  Program managers learn about one another’s programs, and identify synergies between programs and programmatic gaps.

Best,

Shad O'Neel
USGS Glaciologist
Alaska Science Center