IARPC glaciers and sea level team meeting

IARPC glaciers and sea level team meeting

O'Neel, Shad

Dear Colleagues:

I would like to invite you to the upcoming IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level Collaboration Team meeting that will be held on Wednesday 18 July at 9 am Alaska Time (11 am Mountain, 1 pm Eastern). The meeting will summarize the recent Arctic System Change Workshop and will include presentations focused on terrestrial ice as well the Arctic as a system.  Presenters include Marika Holland (UCAR), Twila Moon (NSIDC) and Jennifer Kay (Univ. Colorado).

This event is hosted by the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC) Glaciers & Sea-level Collaboration Team. At this meeting, we have several speakers who have agreed to present and discuss:

We invite all interested researchers and stakeholders to participate in our meeting on 18 July 2018 at 9:00 AM Alaska Time (1:00 pm EST)

How to participate?

If you don’t already have one, request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community. Once you have an account,  join our collaboration team and you will automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next meeting here.

Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?

IARPC collaboration teams are designed to assist the bi-directional flow of information between the research community and Federal agencies. Think of it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis. For example, researchers present their research to peers and program managers and learn about new research efforts within their field.  Program managers learn about one another’s programs and identify synergies between programs and programmatic gaps.

Best,

Shad O’Neel and Joe MacGregor – IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level Collaboration Team.

Shad O'Neel
USGS Glaciologist
Alaska Science Center
4210 University Dr.