IARPC joint Atmospheres and Glaciers July meeting

IARPC joint Atmospheres and Glaciers July meeting

O'Neel, Shad

Dear Colleagues:

I would like to invite you to an exciting set of short talks focused on surface energy budgets that will be held on Tuesday 25 July, 11-12 am Alaska Time (3 pm eastern).

This event is hosted by the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee (IARPC)  Atmosphere and Glaciers & Sea-level Collaboration Teams. At this meeting, Nathaniel Miller (University of Colorado - Boulder) and Jan Lenaerts (university of Colorado – Boulder) will give atmospheric science and glaciological perspectives on coupling between the atmosphere and the Greenland ice sheet.

We invite all interested researchers and stakeholders to participate in our fourth meeting on 25 July 2017 at 11:00 AM Alaska Time (3:00 pm EST)

How do I participate?

If you don’t already have one, request an account on IARPC Collaborations, where information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community. Once you have an account,  join our collaboration team and you will automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next meeting here.

Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?

IARPC collaboration teams are designed to assist the bi-directional flow of information  between the research community and Federal agencies. Think of it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis. For example, researchers present their research to peers and program managers and learn about new research efforts within their field.  Program managers learn about one another’s programs, and identify synergies between programs and programmatic gaps.

Best,

Shad O’Neel, Bill Wiseman, Allison McComiskey, Gijs de Boer and Ashley Williamson.

Shad O'Neel
USGS Glaciologist
Alaska Science Center
4210 University Dr.