IASC Network on Arctic Glaciology online meeting - 26 January 2021

IASC Network on Arctic Glaciology online meeting - 26 January 2021

Ward van Pelt
Dear Cryolist members,

The IASC Network on Arctic Glaciology (NAG) invites you to a short online meeting on Tuesday 26 January 2021 (13:00-16:00 CET). The meeting will start with three invited 30-minute presentations within the theme glacier – atmosphere interactions:
  1. Koji Fujita (Nagoya University, Japan) - Physically based summer temperature reconstruction from melt layers in ice cores
  2. Ruth Mottram (Danish Meteorological Institute, Denmark) - Forecasting future declines: High resolution SMB for Arctic glaciers
  3. Shawn Marshall (University of Calgary, Canada) - The transition to temperate firn and the development of a deep firn aquifer at Kaskawulsh Glacier, St. Elias Mountains, Yukon
After the presentations we will have a 30-minute break before we continue with an open forum (~60 minutes), where ongoing developments within the Network on Arctic Glaciology are discussed.

This short online meeting is held instead of the physical meeting (Workshop on the dynamics and mass budget of Arctic glaciers), that was scheduled for 26-28 January 2021 in Szczyrk, Poland, but has been postponed to 2022.

In case you would like to attend the online meeting, please register here: https://uu-se.zoom.us/meeting/register/u5IofuyqqjovG9bJ7bmit5msyvnbgUOd5hRR

We ask participants that have not joined an IASC NAG meeting before to very briefly motivate their interest in this meeting. The meeting will be on Zoom and a meeting link will be sent by email after registration.

Best regards,

Ward van Pelt
Wesley van Wychen

https://nag.iasc.info/
--

Ward van Pelt

Researcher

[hidden email]

Department of Earth Sciences
Uppsala University
Villavägen 16
75236 Uppsala
Page Title

När du har kontakt med oss på Uppsala universitet med e-post så innebär det att vi behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur vi gör det kan du läsa här: http://www.uu.se/om-uu/dataskydd-personuppgifter/

E-mailing Uppsala University means that we will process your personal data. For more information on how this is performed, please read here: http://www.uu.se/en/about-uu/data-protection-policy