IGS British Branch 2017 website live and abstract submission open

IGS British Branch 2017 website live and abstract submission open

Leeson, Amber
Dear all,

Lancaster Environment Centre and Lancaster Data Science Institute are pleased to announce that we will be hosting the 2017 British Branch meeting of the International Glaciological Society on Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th September 2017 at Lancaster University, with a conference dinner taking place at Lancaster Brewery on the evening of Wednesday 6th September.

A local website with all relevant information is now live:
http://wp.lancs.ac.uk/igs-bb. Registration and abstract submission is invited through this link.

The conference will include oral and poster presentations, spread over two days, and abstracts are invited on any aspect of snow and ice research (including glaciovolcanism). Keynote talks will be given by:

•       Dr Robert Mulvaney, British Antarctic Survey.
•       Prof John Smellie, University of Leicester.
•       Prof Jemma Wadham, University of Bristol.

We also hope to deliver a one-day workshop on Tuesday the 5th September aimed at postgraduate students and postdocs on the theme of data science for cryospheric research.

Lancaster is a historic city located in a beautiful part of the country and is famous for its history, thriving arts scene and excellent pubs. The 12th century Lancaster castle, for example, showcases 1,000 years of heritage and justice in the city and was the venue for the famous Pendle Witch trials in the 1600s. For those interested in outdoor pursuits then the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District are right on our doorstep and are well served by both road and rail links from the city.

See you all in Lancaster!

Amber Leeson, Jennie Gilbert, Peter Wynn, Crispin Halsall, Hugh Tuffen, Jacqui Owen, Mounir Takriti
Local organising committee