IGS British Branch 5-6th September 2012 Aberdeen

IGS British Branch 5-6th September 2012 Aberdeen

Mair, Dr Douglas W. F.

Dear all,

Advanced warning for your diaries that the 37th Annual meeting of the British Branch of the IGS will be hosted by your glaciological colleagues in the School of Geosciences, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th September 2012. The meeting will start on Wednesday morning and finish by 4pm on Thursday afternoon to allow time for homeward journeys.

Aberdeen also hosts the British Science Festival that week so we are planning a glaciologically themed event for the evening of Tuesday 4th September to which all attendees at the IGS BB are invited.

Research presentations are welcome on all aspects of snow and ice research.  We particularly encourage international colleagues who may be planning to visit the UK around this time to join us in Aberdeen and present their work.  We will advertise a website nearer the time with all relevant information, and a call for abstracts will be sent out in June.

We look forward to welcoming you to Aberdeen in September.

Best wishes,

Doug

Dr Douglas Mair

Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography