IGS/FRISP Symposium: ice/ocean interaction

IGS/FRISP Symposium: ice/ocean interaction

Helen Amanda Fricker-2
I want to draw your attention to the fact that abstracts are due in less than one month for the IGS/FRISP International Symposium on Interactions of Ice Sheets and Glaciers with the Ocean to be held at Scripps Institution of Oceanography 5-10 June 2011.  This is your chance to attend a glaciology meeting right on the beach in southern California.  We will even allow some time in the agenda for you to enjoy the beach!

The website is at http://glaciology2.ucsd.edu/igs2011  You can now register through that website.

I have received a couple of late applications for student/postdoc support to attend the meeting, and so I have decided to extend that deadline to 23:59 GMT on Wednesday 9th February.  Unfortunately, it is looking unlikely we will be able to provide support for international applicants, but that situation might change, depending on what grant money we receive, so please do apply.  Just send me a brief letter with your proposed title, abstract & institution.
We are also unable to provide support to applicants from other University of California campuses.

Best wishes - Helen

--
Dr Helen Amanda Fricker
Associate Professor