International Glaciological Society Global Seminar Series 2020
Sept 2nd 2020 - Seminar #18
Frank Pattyn, Universite Libre de Bruxelles
"The uncertain future of the Antarctic ice sheet" or The Sound and Harmony of the Marine Ice Sheet Instability
Frank promises a talk linking ice physics to music theory and using that to illustrate concepts such as MISI and uncertainty in model projections. The seminar will involve a piano. He also promises it will also be technically feasible!
You need to register in advance for the seminars, but your registration should last for several seminars. If it was a while ago that you registered - check your link still works and drop me an email if it doesn't. There's a short question to answer - please tell me enough to accept you! I'll be doing that manually, so just be kind and make it obvious (even if I met you once at AGU)… (something like: I'm a PhD student with X... or whatever). Using your official university email address would make my life particularly easy!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the seminar. If you attended this week you use the same link next week and don't need to re-register.
• Oct 28th, Isabella Velicogna, UC Irvine, "Ice sheet mass balance, sea level and equity, diversity and inclusion in science"•
• Nov 4th Reserved for 3 x ECR talks
• Nov 11th Steve Warren, University of Washington, "Snow spikes in the dry Andes; maybe not on Europa"
• Nov 18th Martyn Tranter and Alex Anesio, Aarhus University, Liane G. Benning, GFZ Potsdam, "Biological Darkening of the Greenland Ice Sheet"
• Nov 25th Still to be filled.
• Dec 2nd Shin Sugiyama, Hokkaido University, Japan, "Freshwater calving glaciers in Patagonia"
• Jan 13th Lauren Simkins, University of Virginia, "Landform evidence of persistent subglacial plumbing near grounding lines"
• Jan 20th Adrian Luckman, Swansea University, title tba.
London - 9pm
The seminar will also be recorded and posted to the Friends of the International Glaciological Society Facebook page after the seminar so that you can watch it afterwards if technology fails or you can't make it! Hope to see you there.
You're subscribed to the CRYOLIST mailing list
To send a message to the list, email [hidden email]
For posting guidelines, see http://cryolist.org/posting.html
To unsubscribe, see http://cryolist.org/unsubscribe.html
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|