IGS Madison symposium - hotel reservation and registration

IGS Madison symposium - hotel reservation and registration

Magnus Magnusson

Dear Cryolist members

I would like to encourage all those that are planning to attend the Madison Symposium on 'Glacier erosion and sedimentation' to book your accommodation as soon as possible. We block booked some hotels rooms for the symposium and negotiated a favourable rate for said rooms.

Many of the hotel blocks will expire in about one week. Once the block is released we can no longer guarantee neither the favourable rate nor the availability of a room.

It is very important that delegates reserve their rooms now because the Friday/Saturday before the symposium is the University of Wisconsin-Madison graduation, which could make reserving a hotel room difficult if you do not make use of these block bookings.

You can find all the information relating to the hotel blocks on the local website under Accommodations https://sites.google.com/view/igsmadison/travel-and-lodging….

I would also like to use this opportunity to remind you to promptly register for the symposium. It would help us greatly with the logistics of the symposium.

Please inform all your co-authors and anyone you know that has expressed an interest in attending the symposium.

And remember to check whether you require a visa to enter the USA and if so you need to apply for it as soon as possible. You will need an invitation letter from the IGS and the Local Organizing Committee and to receive one, you must be registered for the symposium. Please e-mail the IGS office to ask for the invitation letter <[hidden email]>.

All the best

Magnús

Magnús Már Magnússon

Secretary General