INQUA2019 Session - "Dates, rates and bytes: Quantifying and deciphering Quaternary Earth surface dynamics"

INQUA2019 Session - "Dates, rates and bytes: Quantifying and deciphering Quaternary Earth surface dynamics"

SMALL, DAVID P.

Dear colleagues,

Another INQUA 2019 abstract push here for our wide-open session "Dates, rates and bytes: Quantifying and deciphering Quaternary Earth surface dynamics"

This session focusses on geochronological methods and their use in landscape evolution studies although please note the term "Landscape Evolution" will be considered loosely and definitely includes glacial landscapes! A full abstract is below.

The abstract deadline is the 9th of January and we welcome all submissions. Submission page is here http://www.inqua2019.org/call-for-abstracts/

Kind regards,

David Small, Georgina King, Rachel Smedley, Ann Rowan, Micha Dietze, Frédéric Herman

Dates, rates and bytes: Quantifying and deciphering Quaternary Earth surface dynamics

Numerical frameworks are essential for understanding and interpreting Quaternary landscape evolution. Recent developments in both geochronological methods and landscape evolution models have provided new insights into the timing, duration and intensity of landscape evolution processes. The combination of geochronological constraint with landscape evolution models has enormous potential for furthering our understanding of Quaternary landscape evolution and the focus of this session is to bring together geochronology from established or novel techniques (e.g. luminescence dating, TCN, 14C etc.) with landscape evolution models of Quaternary landscape change (e.g. glacial/fluvial etc.). In particular, we welcome contributions that utilise novel geochronological methods, that combine different geochronological techniques and those that combine numerical age constraints with landscape evolution models to determine rates and timing of uplift, erosion and sediment transport/deposition as well as stochastic events.