IUGG2011 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY 7TH FEB

IUGG2011 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY 7TH FEB

Ian Allison

IUGG2011 ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 11.59PM (GMT) MONDAY 7TH FEBRUARY IN RESPONSE TO MANY REQUESTS

The IUGG2011 Organising Committee has received many requests to extend the  abstract submission deadline to allow for late submissions. Many scientists in countries experiencing financial hardship are having difficulty in securing funding commitments to attend the conference, and in some countries telecommunications are currently very difficult due to political problems. We would like to give those scientists as much chance to participate as our organisational schedule will allow.

The IUGG2011 abstract submission website will therefore remain open until 11.59 p.m. (Greenwich Mean Time; GMT) on Monday 7th February. The abstract submission system will be closed down at that time to allow processing of the many thousands of abstracts received to begin. NO FURTHER ABSTRACTS CAN BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE 7th February DEADLINE EXPIRES. THIS IS FINAL.

Ian Allison

President, International Association of Cryospheric Sciences