Ice Sheet System Model (ISSM) Workshop at UCI (Irvine, CA, USA) December 10th to 12th (after the AGU San Francisco Fall Meeting)

Ice Sheet System Model (ISSM) Workshop at UCI (Irvine, CA, USA) December 10th to 12th (after the AGU San Francisco Fall Meeting)

Larour, Eric (329C)

Dear Colleagues,

The University of California at Irvine in collaboration with the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory is proud to host the

2012 Ice Sheet System Model (ISSM) Workshop. This year, we will feature a series of invited talks centered

on a variety of issues related to ice sheet and cryospheric modeling. Additional tutorials and interactive sessions will

be offered for beginners/users/power users and developers interested in learning how to use ISSM. Updates to ISSM since

last year’s workshop, including user-requested features (i.e. a new Python port, support for new OS/Platforms, etc)

will be presented.  Also, we invite participants to showcase their work during an open poster session. Details for

participating in this poster session will be available on the registration website.

The workshop will take place at the University of California at Irvine, located in Irvine, California, from Monday,

 December 10th to Wednesday, December 12th, following the 2012 AGU Fall Meeting. Registration

will be open on October 1st, 2012. More information can be found at http://issm.jpl.nasa.gov/issmworskhops/

A limited amount of travel support has been provided by WCRP (World Climate Research Programme) and CliC

(Climate and Cryosphere) to help students or earlycareer scholars from outside the United States attend the workshop.

Details on applying for travel support will be provided on the registration page. In addition, there is no fee for

participation in the workshop.

We hope this workshop will generate fruitful interactions between our team, the growing community of ISSM users, and

the broader cryosphere community.

We look forward to your participation!

Regards,

The ISSM team ([hidden email])