Ice sheet mass balance and sea level: ISMASS/ISMIP6/ISMIP7 at EGU 2021

Ice sheet mass balance and sea level: ISMASS/ISMIP6/ISMIP7 at EGU 2021

Donald Slater
Dear Colleagues,

The EGU General Assembly 2021 will be held online between 19 and 30 April 2021. We would be delighted to receive abstracts for the following session:

CR1.2: Ice sheet mass balance and sea level: ISMASS/ISMIP6/ISMIP7 at EGU 2021
Conveners: Donald Slater, Guðfinna Aðalgeirsdóttir, Heiko Goelzer, Catherine Ritz & Helene Seroussi

This session explores improvements in our understanding and quantification of past, present and future ice sheet and sea-level changes. We invite contributions on the following topics: use of observations (paleo and present day) to improve the reliability of projections, models and model intercomparison exercises (results from ISMIP6, upcoming ISMIP7, MISOMIP…), assessment of uncertainties and probability distributions of the ice sheets' contribution to sea level change, emerging processes, and feedbacks between components (ice sheets, ocean, atmosphere, solid earth). We focus on the present and future (multi-centennial) Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets, but paleo-studies are encouraged if they shed light on the mentioned topics.

This session is related to both ISMASS (http://www.climate-cryosphere.org/activities/ismass) and ISMIP6 (http://www.climate-cryosphere.org/mips/ismip6).

Full details and abstract submission for this session are here - https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU21/session/39047 - with a deadline of Wednesday 13 January, 13:00 CET.

Many thanks in advance!

Donald Slater
Research Fellow in Glaciology at the University of St Andrews
From April 2021: NERC Independent Research Fellow at the University of Edinburgh
Website | Twitter | Google Scholar