Inspiring Girls Expeditions 2018 Applications Open

Inspiring Girls Expeditions 2018 Applications Open

Erin Pettit-2
Dear Cryolist,

If you haven’t heard, Girls on Ice has evolved into Inspiring Girls Expeditions (http://inspiringgirls.org). We expanded to an ice-ocean interactions kayaking expedition in 2017 and next summer we will offer a new Girls on Ice expedition in Canada and Girls on Rock expedition that involves alpine geology and ecology rock climbing in the Rockies. Please share this with anyone you know who has teenage daughters or works with teenage girls.

We offer these expeditions tuition free to girls who mostly don’t otherwise have opportunities to challenge themselves and discover their courage and curiosity. Please also consider giving to our program or sharing with friends who might be interested in giving. You can help change these girls’ lives. Http://inspiringgirls.org/inspire-expansion

Thanks and Happy New Year!
Erin

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Inspiring Girls Expeditions <[hidden email]>
Date: December 26, 2017 at 08:58:25 CST
To: <[hidden email]>
Subject: Inspiring Girls Expeditions 2018 Applications Open

Inspiring Girls Expeditions 2018 Applications Open
Apply to Inspiring Girls Expeditions!
Support Inspiring Girls Expedtions!
View this email in your browser

Inspiring Girls Expeditions

Inspiring Girls Expeditions are unique, FREE, wilderness science expeditions for girls aged 16 and 17. Each year teams of 9 girls and 3 instructors spend 12 days exploring and learning about mountain glaciers, alpine landscapes, or marine environments through scientific field studies with professional scientists and mountaineers.
Inspiring Girls Expeditions bring out girls’ natural curiosity; inspire their interest in science; connect the arts and sciences; empower and encourage trust in their physical, intellectual, and leadership abilities; and promote teamwork and equity in an inclusive environment.
Applications are now open for the 2018 Inspiring Girls Expeditions!
Please pass this information on to all teens, as well as teachers, friends and community members who work with teens!

NEW!! Girls on Rock
COLORADO

Explore the geology and ecology of the high alpine Rocky Mountains.
Open to all* girls age 16-17, with a preference for girls from Rocky Mountain states.

July 2018 (dates TBD)

Girls in Icy Fjords
ALASKA

Explore Bear Glacier and the marine environment near Seward, Alaska.
Open to all* girls aged 16-17.
*Pending Funding*
August 2018 (dates TBD)

Girls on Ice
ALASKA

For girls from Alaska, the Pacific
Northwest, British Columbia,
Yukon and California.
Open to girls aged 16-17.
June 2018 (dates TBD)

NEW!! Girls on Ice
CANADA

Girls on Ice is going to Canada! Exploring the glaciers and landscape of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. This expedition is open to Canadian girls aged 16-17.
*Pending Funding*

July 15 - 26, 2018

Girls on Ice
CASCADES

Our flagship program in Washington State underway since 1999.
Open to all* girls aged 16-17.

July 15 - 26, 2018

Girls on Ice
SWITZERLAND

For German-speaking girls from Switzerland and nearby regions.
Open to girls aged 15-17.

July 13 - 23, 2018

*We give strong preference to applicants currently living in the U.S., regardless of their citizenship. While we accept international applications, we preference Canada, Mexico, and any country identified as low and lower-middle income economies here. We rarely select more than one applicant living outside the U.S. on any expedition.
Apply Now
Inspiring Girls Expeditions are not rewards for past academic achievement; they inspire future leadership, curiosity, confidence, and success.

Applications due January 19, 2018!

We are able to provide this program TUITION FREE to the girls through grants, gifts from individuals, and generous support from the National Science Foundation, NASA, the Alaska Climate Science Center, and the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Visit https://www.inspiringgirls.org/donate/ to learn about our funding sources.

help us inspire Girls!

Inspiring Girls Expeditions relies on your support. Please consider giving to this program to allow it to continue and evolve in the future. Important: The link below will take you to the UAF donation website. Under *Gift Designation, please select "Girls on Ice Program Support".

Give Now! Inspire Curiosity and Courage.
For more information, please visit: https://www.inspiringgirls.org
[hidden email]
Copyright © Inspiring Girls Expeditions, All rights reserved.

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list