Interdisciplinary outreach session - Arctic Change 2017 (Ashley Rudy)

Interdisciplinary outreach session - Arctic Change 2017 (Ashley Rudy)

Ashley Rudy
Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to invite you to submit an abstract for the session «Northern Education and Outreach: Accomplishments, Opportunities and Challenges» at the upcoming International Arctic Change 2017 Conference, to be held in Quebec City, Canada, from December 11-15:

EDPOL02. Northern Education and Outreach: Accomplishments, Opportunities and Challenges

Session description:
Scientific education and community outreach are now an integral part of the way we conduct and think about science. Special activities dedicated to the transfer of knowledge from local people and scientists to the public are important to improve awareness and knowledge of Arctic related research. One of the several tasks awaiting scientists in our increasingly complex world is to make science fun, inspiring and important in day-to-day life, to both northern and southern populations. This session will bring together scientists, educators, artists, stakeholders, local community or international organization representatives and everyone interested in northern science communication. We welcome past, present and future contributions reporting on a broad spectrum of outreach activities, e.g., web-based and/or classroom-based communication strategies, artistic projects, field courses, community based research, etc. We particularly encourage Early Career Researchers and people from local communities to use this forum to share ideas and reflect on existing outreach strategies.

Co-chairs:
Frederic Bouchard (Centre d'etudes nordiques/Centre for Northern Studies, U. Laval)
Caroline Coch (Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research)
Ashley Rudy (Cold Regions Research Centre, Wilfred Laurier University)

Deadline for abstract submission: Friday, September 22, 2017.
Details here: http://www.arcticnetmeetings.ca/ac2017/pages/topical-sessions.php

Ashley Rudy
GWF Permafrost Research Associate
Wilfred Laurier University